Earth Month (and the dignified Earth Day) is a time for everyone to participate in their environment. It is a critical time for businesses when employees and customers are actively looking at your commitment to the ecosystem. For businesses seeking innovative ways to support environmental efforts, EarthShare Texas has plenty of opportunities to enjoy and engage with Earth Month.
Our Texas Business Sustainability Challenge and #MyEarthMyTexas Campaign take place during Earth Month, April 1st – 22nd, and are fantastic ways to facilitate state-wide sustainability action. Let’s dive into just how you can get involved.
1. Sponsor #MyEarthMyTexas
The #MyEarthMyTexas Campaign is for Texans’ that take pride in being green to compete for cool prizes by making a positive impact on the environment. Participants capture their sustainable actions for points by posting pictures of their environmental choices to Instagram with #MyEarthMyTexas.
If you want to reach this audience and get major visibility, consider sponsoring the campaign!
Sponsoring #MyEarthMyTexas is an easy way to show your support for environmentalism in Texas. You’ll gain exposure for your business through featured company spotlights from EarthShare Texas. And your tax-deductible donation to EarthShare Texas means you’re supporting a federation of more than 35 nonprofit environmental organizations all in the local areas where you live and work every day.
Choose Your Level Of Support for #MyEarthMyTexas
We’re offering three levels of sponsorship and commitment to making a difference.
- CHANGE-MAKER – sponsorship includes your business logo on our landing page, flyers, newsletters, social media posts; plus a featured story on Instagram, Facebook, our blog, and free participation in Texas Business Sustainability Challenge. In addition, companies receive a custom employee engagement activity (for up to 100 people).
- ADVOCATE – sponsorship includes your business logo on our landing page, flyers, newsletters, social media posts; as well as featured stories on Instagram, Facebook, and blog. Included is free participation in the Texas Business Sustainability Challenge.
- SUPPORTER – sponsorship gets your business logo on our landing page, flyers, newsletters, and social media.
2. Donate #MyEarthMyTexas Prizes
If your business has a fun activity or exciting event, experience, or product, you can show support by donating a prize for the #MyEarthMyTexas winners. #MyEarthMyTexas prizes are featured in our campaign marketing before, during, and after the event which means more eyes on what you have to offer.
3. Match Donations During #MyEarthMyTexas
When individuals sign up for the #MyEarthMyTexas Campaign, they’ll be prompted to donate to EarthShare Texas. If you sign up to match donations during this time and throughout the campaign, you’ll encourage even more people to support our network of environmental nonprofits across the State. Plus, we’ll put your name out there to let them know who’s matching!
4. Register for the Texas Business Sustainability Challenge
Nothing brings a team together like competition. If you’re looking for a way to get your employees involved in Earth Month, you can sign your entire business up for the Texas Business Sustainability Challenge.
In the Texas Business Sustainability Challenge, employees use our gamified app to capture their sustainability efforts and earn points for their team. Efforts like bringing reusable bottles to work, walking and biking to work, running a full load of laundry, and more all count towards your company’s ranking against other Texas businesses. Through this competition, you get to measure the collective impact of your team’s environmental choices, bolster friendly competition with other businesses, and engage your employees in a meaningful way.
- Company registration deadline: March 11
- Employee registration deadline: March 31
- Compete in creative challenges between April 1st – 22nd
Don’t wait, start planning your Earth Month activities now!
Deadlines are approaching fast, so drop us an email right away to talk about what options are right for your business and how to get started.