- This event has passed.
Spring Native Plant Sale
April 8, 2022 - April 10, 2022$15
The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center’s Spring Native Plant Sale, held from March through May, feature a variety of beautiful, resilient Texas native plants. Get gardening with help from our experts and select your favorites from a variety of Texas natives, including perennial and annual flowers, grasses, wetland plants, shrubs and trees. Native plants conserve water; lower mowing costs; provide habitat for birds, butterflies and other wildlife; protect and enrich soil; and reduce the use of fertilizer and pesticides. On top of all that, they’re beautiful and create a sense of place.
Fridays – Sundays
March 25 – May 8
9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
* Members also get exclusive access from 9 to 10 a.m. every day of the sale. Become a member today! (https://www.wildflower.org/join)
Plant sale tickets include admission to Wildflower Center. Tickets become available seven days before each plant sale weekend following this schedule:
- April 1 – 3 on sale March 25
- April 8 – 10 on sale April 1
- April 15 – 17 on sale April 8
- April 22 – 24on sale April 15
- April 29 – May 1on sale April 22
- May 6 – 8 on sale April 29
- Become a member to get first dibs on plants plus 10% off your purchase.
- Please arrive at the Wildflower Center early enough to be through admissions and to the plant sale area by the time of your reservation. We recommend 15 minutes or longer before the time on your ticket. For your safety, capacity is limited. Punctuality will help us serve you and other shoppers better and maximize your time at the plant sale.
- Bring your own cart to haul plants if possible.
- Bring a refillable water bottle and wear a hat and sunscreen.
- Make a shopping list using our plant list below.
- Plan to make a day of it! After you purchase your plants, we can hold them while you explore and enjoy the Center, but plants must be picked up by 2 p.m.
- Runners will bring your plants to our pickup area, which you can drive to when you’re ready to go. We’ll also help load your plants into your vehicle. (Bonus: That means there’s no need to fret if you can’t park right up front.)
- General 4-inch pots: $3
- Cacti 4-inch pots: $5
- General 1-gallon pots: $9
- Milkweed 1-gallon pots: $12
- Most 5-gallon pots: $27
Select specialty and miscellaneous plants will be priced as marked. Members get 10% off. Credit cards only.
We’ll release a list of available plants as the sale opens. (https://www.wildflower.org/plant-sales)