- This event has passed.
Gardening for Monarchs & Other Wildlife With Native Plants in Texas
September 14 - September 16$50
- How gardening for monarchs benefits many other wildlife species
- The human benefits of native gardening
- Importance of gardening with native plants
- Components of a native garden
- Creating native gardens in Texas, what to keep in mind
- Providing themed native gardens
- Growing your own native milkweed, the successful technique
- Basics of Landscape Designing (includes exercises)
- Installing and maintaining your new native garden
- Other resources and tools that will help you with your native gardening projects
- Virtual Tour to a recently installed native garden
This is the third level of training of the Monarch Stewards Certification Program. If you have attended the first two levels already, once you attend this workshop, you will be certified as one of the National Wildlife Federation’s Monarch Stewards.
Anyone can participate in this workshop, whether you have attended the first two levels or not.
We look forward to seeing you on September 14th and September 16th!
Amid COVID-19, this interactive two-day workshop will be hosted online (via Zoom) on September 14 (12pm-5pm), and September 16 (12pm-6pm), with plenty of breaks and time for Q & A.