Earth Share of Texas seeks board members who commit to fulfill the following responsibilities:
Responsibilities of the Board as a Whole
As EarthShare of Texas’ leadership body, the Board is responsible for:
- Support and oversee the evolution of EarthShare of Texas’ mission and purpose
- Select and evaluate the executive director
- Engage in strategic and organizational planning
- Participate in implementing the strategic plan
- Ensure rigorous fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Fundraise to ensure financial sustainability
- Assessing its own performance as a governing body.
Responsibilities of Individual Board Members
Each individual board member is expected to:
- Know EarthShare of Texas’ mission, policies, procedures and programs
- Read and be accountable to Earth Share of Texas’ financial statements
- Serve as an active advocate and ambassador for EarthShare of Texas and invest time and resources to advance its mission
- Make a personal financial contribution at least annually
- Prepare for, attend, and actively participate in board and participating organization meetings
- Sign an annual conflict of information statement, and reveal if a conflict develops
- Participate fully in one or more committees
To apply or inquire more, please reach out to email@example.com with a statement of interest.
Accepting inquiries and applications until December 1st, 2020.